People United is an arts organisation based in Canterbury, Kent, UK.
We were set up with a belief that the arts and culture have a practical and imaginative role to play in how our society develops. Although many of our projects take place in Kent, we have a national and international remit and impact.
We are based in Canterbury Innovation Centre, on the campus of the University of Kent.
People United is an independent organisation (not affiliated to any group or religion). We are a registered charity (no. 1126729) and a company limited by guarantee (no. 5905050).
Find out how we began
- Tom Andrews, Chief Executive (Click here for Tom's biography)
- Sarah Fox, Project Manager (Click here for Sarah's biography)
- Frances Moran, Operations Manager (Click here for Frances' biography)
- Jo Broadwood, Head of Research and Innovation (Click here for Jo's biography)
- Matt Peacock, Chief Executive, Streetwise Opera
- Osman Zafar, Associate Lawyer, Bristows (Chair)
- Jack Warren , Chartered Accountant, Sales Finance Manager, Activision Blizzard
- Moya Maxwell, Head of Commercial Programming, Royal Opera House
Our Academic Partners
Our primary academic partner is the University of Kent. We work with a range of faculties (School of Arts, Business School, Multi Media Department) but we collaborate particularly closely with the Centre for the Study of Group Processes (part of the Psychology Department). The Centre has an international reputation for research around group behaviour. For more information see: CSGP
We are extremely grateful to our funding partners. These include: Arts Council England, Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, Paul Hamlyn Foundation, Garfield Weston Foundation and Kent County Council.